Sunday, November 30, 2008

Curt's Travel Sketchbook













This sketch is from the tsunami-devastated region of Indonesia where I visited several months after the disaster. Each cloth rag represented where a body had been recovered.


From Curt's Pen and Pencil


By no means do I consider myself an accomplished artist. I'm more of a sketcher. It comes in handy on long trips and layovers in foreign airports. I've also found that sketching draws a crowd in other countries. I've made lots of friends with my journals.

I hope you enjoy them. I'll be adding more in the coming days.

Curt


These first sketches are from my China trip. We moved through a crowded train station and I drew this tired traveler as well as
the box of chirping biddies.


The other sketch is from a scene we witnessed where a couple was scooping water into a rice field in SE China. The photo I took is shown below the sketch.

No comments: